The more convenient you can make your diet, the more likely you are to stick with it.
Finding a healthy canned soup makes eating for health and weight loss easier, if you know what to look for.
Here’s What to Look for When Choosing a Healthy Canned Soup:
1. Tomato-based or vegetable-broth-based (skip cream soups because of the high fat; skip soups with noodles)
2. Low sodium (i.e. less than 350 mg/serving)
3. Choose boxed soups (check the health food aisle) over canned soups, or choose BPA-free canned soups
Here’s How to Make Packaged Soup Healthier in an Instant:
1. Cook 1-2 cups of frozen vegetables (i.e. broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, etc.) in the microwave according to package directions.
2. Mix into warmed canned soup.