Last week I was asked to speak to a group of kindergarten, 1st and 2nd graders about nutrition.
I thought I’d share the healthy popcorn trick I taught them. With this trick you get beautiful, fluffy popcorn without using oil.
It might just help you keep you hand out of the candy dish.
HEALTHY MICROWAVE POPCORN
¼ cup popcorn kernels
Brown paper lunch bag
Optional: olive oil sprayed on with a Misto Olive Oil Sprayer or melted butter
1. Pour the popcorn into the lunch bag
2. Fold over the top of the bag 2 times & tape shut
3. Put in microwave for 2 ½ to 3 ½ minutes
4. Listen for popping to slow down to 3 sec. apart,
and stop the microwave
5. Put popcorn in a bowl. If you like you can spritz
with olive oil or add butter and salt